Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Terrible two's


It's no secret that Alivia was a very hard two & three year old. It has always been a power struggle and we are starting to learn how to peacefully live together without her trying to be in charge all the time, and then throwing a fit when things don't go her way.

I told myself just a few weeks ago that I was so happy Kate was an easy 2 year old. She minds me and usually only throws a fit after we put her in bed for her nap. I forgot to knock on wood...

My sweet little Kate now is trying to see what she can get away with. When we ask her to do something, she decides that she is going to see if we are actually going to make her do it. She's learned that when we are at home, she doesn't get away with it. But, when we are at church, she has learned that she doesn't have to listen. Things are going to change very soon...

When we ask her to do something, she stands there and looks at you. We then count to 3 and if she doesn't obey by the time we get to 3 there is a consequence. So, now whenever I ask her to do something she waits until she hears 3 and then comes running over. Every time.

Having a two year old is not an easy task. They are just a constant reminder that we need to keep teaching them how to properly behave. Luckily we learned a lot from Alivia. Although I highly doubt we will ever have another strong willed child as Alivia (knock on wood) it is still a lot of work and training. At least she's cute and the rest of the time she is sweet and hilarious.





sig1

1 comment:

  1. I really,really miss you guys. your kids are dang cute.

    ReplyDelete