Last Sunday we were in Springfield, MO visiting my aunt & uncle. We went to church with them and it happened to be fast & testimony meeting. She saw a bunch of kids going up to bear their testimonies and she turned to me and said "why are all those kids going up there without me?"
I explained to her a little bit about testimonies and she said she wanted to go up. So, I told her to ask daddy. He said that we would go up another time when we were in our own ward. She was not satisfied with this answer. So, I told her to ask Uncle Dave to take her up. (as a joke) and she did. He told her to ask Rachel (my cousin) and she and Liv sat by each other and her Grandma and she was distracted for a while so we figured we were in the clear.
Then she came and sat by me and asked again. I was sitting next to my Aunt & Uncle and my Uncle Dave told her to ask Ryan (my other cousin that's 12). He said maybe and his face immediately got red. Poor guy. Then my aunt told Liv to tell Ryan that she would give him 5 dollars if he went up. She misunderstood what Jodi meant and said very excitedly "my granny sent me 5 dollars for my birthday so I can go up! I have 5 dollars!"
Finally, Tyler said he would take her up. Since she was so persistent. I quickly whispered in her ear what testimonies were and some of the things that people believe in. She told me she would tell everyone that the Holy Ghost was real, but scary "ghost-es" were not real.
We began to worry.
Finally Tyler took her up. I honestly thought he would whisper in her ear, but he didn't.
He just stood next to her, ready to jump in at any moment.
Finally, she stepped up and we all heard her little voice.
No one could see her because she wasn't tall enough even on the step stool.
But, everyone was amazed and touched by what this little 4 year old girl had to say:
"I have a testimommy in Heavenly Father, Jesus, and the Holy Ghost. I love everything. The Holy Ghost is good. The commandments are good. We need to follow the commandments because we just have to. I say these things in the name of Thy Son, Jesus Christ, Amen."

It was short and sweet. It was the highlight of my weekend, that's for sure. A member of the bishopric showed me this picture he took of her. He said it was too precious not to take a picture. He was trying to get a picture of her up on her toes trying to see everyone.
When she was done, she came down by herself while Tyler bore his testimony. She sat on my lap and said "my voice was really loud, Mom."
When she saw this picture she told me "I couldn't see anyone when I was standing on that guy's suitcase."
"And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven."
Matthew 18:3

No comments:
Post a Comment