Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Our Sunday

Our Sunday turned out to be a bit interesting. Ever since we moved, no one comes in our room in the mornings anymore. So, everyone slept in. I woke up to hear the girls playing. They shared toys & cereal until we got up. It was actually pretty nice. I just laid there listening to them because I didn't want to interrupt their time together playing. It was so cute to hear Liv take care of her sister. If she thinks someone is being mean to her sister she will tell them to be nice to her. It really is sweet.
We thought the ward started at 1:00, but it actually started at 2:00. So, we were early & the girls' nap time is at 2:00, so it got a little interesting. Kate did everything she could to stay awake. She went back & forth between Tyler & I, and switched off between sippy & paci. She only yelled a few times, and she did try to steal fruit snacks from a little girl behind us. But, we didn't have to take her out.
When we sang a hymn, I couldn't help but laugh. I asked Alivia before the meeting if she was going to sing. She said "no, and you shouldn't sing either." I took that with a grain of salt, knowing she was tired, and I just told her that I like to sing. Kate insisted on having her own hymn book to flip through during each song. Alivia decided she would sing, so she sang one of her favorites "ducks in the water." She sang every verse, pretty loud, until the song was over. Tyler had to stop a few times & tell her to tone it down. By the closing song it took everything to remain reverent (I was trying not to laugh). Has this ever happened to you? We actually went to the wrong ward, so no one else will probably ever remember us again.


After church we made sandwiches and rice krispy treats and had a picnic by the river. We figured out why there are so many squirrels here. They actually live in a hollowed out tree here and get fed everyday. They sure are fun to watch. Kate thinks they are hysterical, she laughs (and scares them away) every time she sees one.

This picture makes me laugh. The only way we can get Kate to cooperate for a picture is to ask "are you so pretty?" And that how she smiles & lifts her head. This time, we get to see a mouthful of sandwich. But, it turned out pretty cute.

We actually spent lots of time trying to feed the squirrels. They didn't seem to want to come too close, but the girls thought it was fun.The girls sure loved spending time with Daddy. In fact all day Monday Kate would hunt down my phone, put it to her ear, and yell "dada" at the top of her lungs. As soon as he got off, I let her talk to him on the phone. She loved it! Both girls even stay up until he gets home (which drives me crazy). They love to give him kisses & hugs when they see him. I think he likes it to. I should note that both girls were in bed 2 hours before he got home, and there wasn't a single light on. How they managed to stay awake, I have no idea.

Yesterday we painted nails. Which is a weekly activity with Alivia. Every week when we clip nails, she tells me her nails are "ruined" and so we have to paint them again. She has had her nails painted since she was....ummmm...a month old. And ever since she's noticed, she has loved it. Kate has turned into quite the little girly-girl. She loves shoes and accessories. So when we painted nails, I painted hers also. I should note, that Kate doesn't sit still for anything. She is always 100 mph when she's awake, and when she's sleeping she doesn't like to be held either. The only way we got her to sit still while I painted her toes & blew on them was Livi & I telling her she was "so pretty." She lit right up, and was very excited to see her painted "pibbies" as they are called in our house. She even showed Daddy when he got home. I was impressed that she sat still for even that long. But, here is the proof...
I sure love having girls, especially these girls. They make my life fun & full of adventure!

2 comments:

  1. You are such a good mom Kris. Thanks for posting this. It is wonderful.
    Love you all,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so loving your blog!! I love that you are off having and adventure and I get to know all about it!

    ReplyDelete