Yesterday after Kate's morning nap and then lunch I had lots of laundry to do. About 5 full loads. The laundry area closest to us closes at 6:00 and I didn't want to start laundry & not be able to finish it. Tyler took the truck to work which left me without a vehicle. I got the loads sorted out & put into my baskets. The trip to the laundry area is down hill, and I mean a steep hill. Liv took to the trek like a champ. Kate was very distracted, and the hill was almost too steep for her little legs. A few times I had to stop and catch her so she could get her balance back. There was no way I could carry her and the full laundry basket. We did this 5 times downhill, and then 5 times uphill when the loads were finally done. And there were only 3 washers & 3 dryers. Basically, it made for a long day.
I bought some animal crackers at Target a few days ago because a pretty good size bag was only a dollar. I figured they would be perfect for this trip to keep the girls happy & settled down. While the loads were in mid-cycles we played hide-and -seek, took a walk by the river, and ate lots of animals crackers.
I finally finished up at about 8. The girls weren't very hungry so we had cereal (I know, but why cook if no one is going to eat?) . I put the girls to bed while I folded all of the clothes. I started feeling sick about 9:00, but I chalked it up to not eating very much, or very well. Tyler got home at his usual 10:30. We ate a little something and went to sleep.
At 1:00 am I hear the crinkling of the wipes and I looked into the living room to see Tyler & Kate on the floor. He stripped her down and was wiping her up. He said he heard a weird cough and decided to check on her. She had thrown up, and it was the second time. We have no idea when the first time was. But I never heard her and neither had Tyler (talk about feeling awful). We stripped her bedding (that I just washed, and I didn't pack any extra blankets with us either). It was about 2:00 am when we finally went back to bed and laid down.
About 2:30 we heard Liv saying "Owie." If any of you don't know, the girl talks in her sleep. So, nothing unusual. Ten minutes later was a loud cough. Tyler jumped out of bed, and rushed to Liv who had thrown-up. He wiped her up, brushed her teeth, changed her clothes and bedding. (The girls actually slept on towels haha). Kate was awake and watching, so Tyler decided to give all 3 of us some Pepto.We laid back down at 3:00.
At 3:30 Liv said "it hurts again." Tyler jumped out of bed grabbed her, and took her to the kitchen sink where she threw up again. He wiped up her face, brushed her teeth, gave her snuggles, and kissed her good night.
At 4:00, she said it again. Tyler again jumped out of bed and rushed her to the toilet where she threw up yet again. He cleaned her up, brushed her teeth, and put her back to bed.
I was also feeling sick the entire night. The only thing different that the 3 of us had was the animal crackers. I'm sure the girls had more than I did. So, Tyler threw the rest of them in the trash. He also got up at 7:00 am to go to work. The rest of us slept in until about 10:00, that's how tired everyone was.
I should probably tell you that I have a problem with vomit. I have since I can remember. I have a distant memory of watching my little brother throw up (I was about 6 or 7) and immediately I also started throwing up just because I watched him. I feel like I can handle broken bones, stitches, and gushing blood no problem. But, vomit is out of the question. I have always known that at some point, as a parent, I would have to face my weak stomach and clean it up. It has yet to happen. Tyler has always been there to clean up after the kids, and sometimes me. He often jokes that when I do have to clean it up I will just end up throwing up next to them. I'm not going to lie, it's a serious possibility. Just the smell makes me dry heave.
And just to top it off. The girls woke up feeling better. They ate breakfast & drank some orange juice with no problems. Alivia told me how sick she was, so I told her to lay back down in bed. She immediately responded with "I'm not sick anymore." So, I know she's fine. I started to smell something terrible. Liv was sitting by me and I kept asking her if she had gas. She kept telling me no. I asked her if she pooped her pants and she said no. So, I decided to check the unusually quiet child. The closer I got to her, the worse the smell became. Little Kate FILLED her diaper. And when I say filled, I mean up the front, up the back, and down both legs. She was almost covered from the armpits down. And the diaper was pretty new.
Hopefully, the next little while will be calm. Tyler gets off at 5:00 and the girls are very excited to spend some time with him. We are going to go walk the mall & window shop. We decided that we are going to try things on and decide our sizes and what we want, and then try to find it online for cheaper. (Tyler needs some good walking shoes). Wish us luck for a relaxing evening!!!
PS: If you are tempted to buy some cheap animal crackers, you might want to think again. The brand we had was Stouffer's and was purchased at Target.
No comments:
Post a Comment