Life with a 3 year old is never dull. I'm enjoying this age a little bit more than 2, I'll admit. Alivia has a very caring and loving personality. She asks about everyone and she is genuinely concerned for other people's feelings. If she thinks I'm sad, she will make me feel better. The other day she came in my room and said "Are you ok mommy?" I didn't think anything was wrong, but she came and snuggled me and gave me kisses. I just love it!
Yesterday when I told her to get dressed, she started looking for clothes and she yelled this "Honey, where is my super suit? I said, where. is. my. super. suit." It made me laugh for a while. (quote from the movie Incredibles) She really has a knack for remembering lines from movies (wonder where she got that).
I really love the 3's because there are less temper tantrums. I can actually explain things to her so she understands and she doesn't lose her grip and throw a complete fit. She does let her voice be heard though. She has really thrown some huge fits, and most of the time in the worst places. Most of the time when she throws fits, I ignore her. I walk away and pretend I don't hear her. It has really been the most effective way for her to calm down. Unless we are in a quiet public place or something, I always do this. Now, she will often come find me, and we will talk about it. She apologizes (without suggestion) and life goes on as normal. Even when it's nap time, she will fuss sometimes for a bit, and when I leave, she puts herself in bed, under the covers, and falls asleep.
This picture I took after her bath. She didn't have a nap and she was so tired. She wanted to wear a fancy dress, and I picked out pajamas. She threw a fit, so I left. I came back out to find her in bed, asleep...naked. I took a picture, but it was too explicit for the internet, so I covered her up.
The other night, we had pasta for dinner. Liv asked me if she could have Parmesan cheese on hers. I said sure, but to just use a little bit. Next thing I know, she's down from the table moving around. I asked her what she was doing, and she said she was getting the cheese off of her. I looked at her bowl and she must have used 1/3 of the entire container on her serving alone. I took a picture, after I used some of her cheese on everyone else's bowls as well...

And, so far, that's life with a 3 year old.........enjoy! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment