***Warning***LONG post!***
It's been a while since I've updated the blog, and a lot has been going on. Before I take the time to update with a bunch of new posts I thought I would add a little bit to my last post.
Like I said before, so many blessings happened so that we could move here. I could name at least 20 off the top of my head, but I'll save you the time of reading through them all. Everyday I'm reminded of a few of these. So, the question we've been asking now is WHY? Why were we supposed to live here this summer? What was it that we needed to accomplish while we were here? What were we supposed to learn? I'm not sure if we will ever be able to answer all of these questions. But, I know we were meant to come here. We only have about a month and a half left before the girls and I head out to Nevada again for the month of September. Tyler is still contemplating staying in September, but I have lots to prepare for including appointments with my midwife to get ready to have our little boy.
Anyways, the more I think about it, the more I've realized one huge thing we've gained by being here. In the last 3 months our marriage has been strengthened tremendously. In the last 4 years of our marriage, we've hardly had an arguments or disagreements. We've always slept next to each other, and we've always had fun together. It's gotten stronger in ways that I can't explain. We are here in a new place where we only know a handful of people. We only have each other to rely on, to confide in, and to be with. I still can't think of any huge differences because we've never really relied on other people or felt that we needed other people to help us. But, for some reason we've become so much closer. This summer has been hard, and we've both had our breaking points and needed to rely on each other to keep going. (Thankfully we both broke down at different times or we might not have made it :) It makes me almost want to live somewhere far away because our family is so close. You really find out who your true friends are too. I have only had a few of my friends ask how things are going or tell me that they miss us. But, I enjoy my family and they really are all that I need to be happy.
Tyler's partner the last 2 weeks has been Curtis. The girls love him, and they spent a lot of lunch times at our house playing. Curtis offered to watch the girls on Saturday. He came over and slept at 5:30 in the morning so Tyler and I could go to the 6:00 am session at the temple. I was beginning to think that we weren't going to get a chance to go while we are here. I loved it! The landscape was beautiful and the inside is beautiful as well. I love dark wood, and so I fell in love with inside of this temple. It is a lot like the Las Vegas temple so I didn't even get lost either. We got doughnuts and chocolate milk on our way home and we all ate breakfast together. Tyler called me and told me about an awesome yard sale he saw while he was workin, and we scored some awesome stuff for the girls for really cheap. We are saving some of them for Christmas though. But, I found a leapfrog word-maker with all the letters for $5. Alivia is finally catching onto how to put the letter sounds together. It feels like I've tried everything to teach her that concept, so I'm glad I finally found a way to teach her.
Curtis came back over after work so Tyler and I could go to dinner. We went to one of those over-priced restaurants that tried to be fancier than it really was (or maybe we just aren't fancy people haha!) Then, we went and picked up Curtis and the girls and met up with a few other members of Tyler's team and had ice cream at the new sonic by our house. We got home late and all of us were EXHAUSTED! I can't remember the last time I was awake that long. But, it was such a fun day and we all had fun!
So, weird question for anyone out there reading this (please comment if you have an answer). I have always heard pregnant women say that they can't eat certain kinds of food because the baby didn't like it. I have never understood how you would know if your baby liked a certain food or not. When I was very first pregnant I was eating lunch or something at Tyler's Dad's house with most of his family and I ate a pepperoncini which I eat with things all the time. The Smith family eats them all the time. My stomach immediately started burning. I have not been able to eat anything spicy this entire pregnancy. With the girls it never really mattered what I ate. So, this is nothing like I've experienced before. I have always had heartburn and indigestion through all of my pregnancies from day one until the baby is born. But, this is not like that. It's just a different burning. Has this ever happened to you? Does this mean that the baby doesn't like spicy food?
So, at dinner Saturday night I ordered a pasta dish that wasn't super amazing or anything, but it was pretty good. It had red pepper flakes in it, and it started burning my stomach but I was not going to waste my expensive dinner. Tyler thought it was really good and that I was being a baby for saying it was spicy. It really wasn't that spicy. Sunday morning I was stuck in bed with horrible stomach burning and cramps like I've never had before. I could barely get out of bed to go to the bathroom. Much worse than morning sickness. I'm hoping this has happened to someone else to because it was so strange...let me know!

No comments:
Post a Comment