I thought that the day was going to be a dud, but we ended up having fun. Church is from 2:00-5:00 which is really hard on the kids. After church (and Liv fell asleep in the truck) we went to a team barbeque. I got to meet the other team here in Portland. It's weird being the oldest people there. Most of the other people aren't married and we are the only ones with kids. They all tell us that they are jealous and want what we have.
Kate is crying because she wanted more watermelon haha!
It was funny being at a "singles" barbeque with kids. We kept them in the back yard so that they wouldn't make any big messes inside. They ran around the yard with different people. The funniest part was that the kids would just ask whoever for some food. People were giving them bites of food from their plates or making them plates of food. I couldn't even tell you what they actually ate because everyone was feeding them. (Good thing they don't have any food allergies). I would peek outside at them and somehow they would be sharing a plate of food that I didn't make for them. They were definitely spoiled!
Kate was covered in watermelon. She couldn't get enough.
Kate was mesmerized by them and didn't fuss at all at the loud noises.

No comments:
Post a Comment