Friday, July 30, 2010

The many faces of Kate

Kate is almost 20 months old now. She is at such a fun age. She makes my day with her crazy faces, and she makes them constantly. She is starting to throw some fits, but she is easily pacified with her easy going personality. I want to write all of these facts about her right now at this age before I forget...

Kate always wakes up happy. I could wake her up at 3 am and she would still have a smile on her face & be happy to see you.


As soon as she wakes up, she has to snuggle a little bit. I love my morning cuddles. She really has turned into quite the cuddle bug. She also gives pats when she hugs us & I love it!

Some of the things Kate does to be funny & make us laugh is make her scrunched up smile face & bat her eyelashes. She is an expert at blinking her eyes, and it's so funny!

She often says "Wu you" to us throughout the day. It is a good reminder to us all. But, I especially love it when someone sneezes because as soon as Kate hears it she yells "Wu you!" (instead of bless you)

Some of the things Kate loves are brushing teeth, Elmo, singing, baby dolls, playing with her sister (especially when she laughs at her), taking baths, getting her nails painted, wearing dresses, wearing shoes (even if they're her sister's), make-up, reading books to herself (she isn't patient enough to let me read them to her), drinking from a cup, and EATING!

Some of the things she says most are:
"Mama, mama, mama " (repeated until I answer)
"No, no, no" or "No!"
"ya"
"Bye, see ya"
"Wu you"
"don't like that"
"don't want it"
"cookie"
"bite?"
"oooohhh, it's a baby"
She loves to be outside. She loves to run, especially when she's outside. I love it when she tries to jump. She usually is successful in getting one foot off the ground and it's so fun to watch.

Kate really loves animals, especially "puppies." She calls every animal a puppy, but she loves them all. I have caught her outside petting bugs. She still loves to give dogs big kisses and hugs. She can't wait until we get our dog back...

I have often referred to her as my mountain climber. She loves to climb on everything. She has figured out how to pick up the stool and put it where she needs so she can climb higher. Just tonight I caught her sitting on the table eating butter. She accomplished this in under a minute while I was in the bathroom. She has no fear of climbing, but she is afraid of being thrown up in the air.

She is a sensitive little girl. If you tell her no, or raise your voice to her, she gets upset & starts bawling the saddest cry you ever heard. She does like to be defiant at times just to see if you meant what you said, but she really takes it to heart if you're upset with her.

I love my little Kater bug. I love how little she is. I love how fun she is. I love how she makes me laugh everyday, especially with her crazy faces. I love how I get a snuggle from her every single day. I can't imagine our lives without this sweet little girl in it!
We all "wu you" Kate!

sig1

1 comment: