Friday, June 18, 2010

Tender moments

This week has been another hard week on us. I don't know if everyone is up to speed on our current living situation. But, after many prayers and lots of planning and discussing (my husband is an analyzer) we decided the best option for the summer is to live in a 5th wheel. It's only 26 feet long with one bed. Alivia sleeps on the fold-down couch and Kate sleeps in a small pack'n'play. We knew it would not be ideal, but compared to living in a 2 bedroom apartment that cost over $1,000 a month it could be done. We could save a lot of money on rent and utilities which would prepare us to move into a bigger place when we get home.

So many prayers we answered and everything lined up the way it did so we could move to Oregon for the summer. Tyler hasn't had a job since November, so any job was more than welcome. We looked into selling pest control and found an awesome company to work for. He is gone from 8:15ish every morning until 11:00ish at night. It's a hard schedule . He gets off early on Saturdays and we get him all day Sunday. It's been a hard adjustment since he's been a stay at home dad for the last 6 months. It took the girls a while to realize how much daddy is gone. We also took our car to the auction so we didn't have to make 2 car payments anymore (2 car payments will never again be in the stars for us).

We are down to one vehicle and a trailer. All of our possessions that aren't essentials are in storage (even our dog haha). If Tyler is driving than I can't leave. I'm stuck here in the trailer park, which really isn't a park. We live on a highway so there's no way to even walk anywhere. I have to do laundry and shave my legs at the community bathroom/laundromat that is here, which is down the hill. It's hard for little Kate to get up and down by herself. It's even harder for pregnant me to carry a huge laundry basket up the hill while trying to keep the kids going. Our daily showers and limited to 6 minutes of hot water. It is just enough to give the girls a bath in so they aren't complaining. It really isn't that bad, I just miss my R & R time. Every nook and cranny in this place is full. It hard to even walk around the living room with the kids toys in there.

This last week we have had a huge water leak. We have a warranty, so finally we were able to have a guy come out and repair it. He fixed a few other minor things as well. That was on Monday. It is Friday and water is leaking again outside. It's not leaking inside. But, I really hope he's going to come back and fix his mistake for free. Everything is so humid here which means mold. I have been a Nevada girl since I can remember so I know nothing about this. Everything in the closets grew mold. The windows grew mold. The sugar/pancake mix/flour is lumpy even though it is in sealed containers. I don't know if this is normal for people living here, but it has just been the icing on the cake.

I am not trying to complain. We knew it would be hard. We knew we would be sacrificing so we could be where we want to be by the end of the year. Our plan is to be back in school with 3 kids and no debt! This could not be possible without sacrificing the way we are. It just seems like the time has gone by so slow. I spend so much time trying to ignore what's going on around me so the time passes by faster.

At times like these I find it necessary to find the things I'm grateful for. Last night Liv said the prayer. She said some usual things and then she said "thank you for my baby (Kate). Thank you that she is healthy and not sick. Thank you for Daddy and Travis giving her a blessing so she isn't sick anymore." Then Kate walked over to her in the middle of the prayer and gave her a hug and a kiss. I couldn't help but be grateful for the priesthood in my home. I am grateful that my husband was able to be an example to my kids and teach them that the Lord can make miracles happen if we are faithful. I am grateful that I can go to Relief Society by myself (for the next few months) and I can learn from others. On Sunday we talked about the Savior. The lady teaching the lesson said that while rocking her sleeping daughter in the mother's lounge during a funeral she realized that she was grateful for the Savior's ultimate sacrifice for her and she was so grateful that he sacrificed himself for her daughter as well. She put it in a way I had never thought of before. I have always been grateful for my temple marriage and that I will be sealed to my family forever. I have always appreciated the Savior's personal sacrifice for me. I am also grateful that the Savior sacrificed himself for each of my children. They are such a gift to me.
Whenever I read through my patriarchal blessing I know that things in my life have happened for a reason. I know that I wouldn't be the person I am today if it wasn't for my trials. I am also surprised that it says I have been blessed with health and wisdom regarding the things I put into my body. I have had so many health problems since Tyler and I started dating. (sometimes I wonder why he still married me haha) and things have gone downhill since. I have discovered (on my own) that it is my kidney. I have big plans to get completely checked when I'm done with this pregnancy. I found a doctor that got awesome reviews from my midwife, and I have faith. I have wanted to be healthy for a long time. It's frustrating to have to care for kids by myself while I'm sick. I also know that we've been blessed because we moved here. I have not been sick once sine we moved. I am so grateful because I can take care of my kids all the time. I also research everything before I take it or give it to my kids. You know that crazy homeopathic neighbor that lived by you that never vaccinated her kids? Well, that's me. I've joined that crowd, and I'm ever so grateful that I did. My children are hardly ever sick and haven't even had an ear infection. I researched it, and prayed, and I know we have made the right decisions for our family. If you have questions, research it, that's how I made my decision.
I am so looking forward to the end of the summer. We knew this was going to be an adventure, and is it ever. This crazy thing called life is not getting any easier. I don't think I could get through it without the gospel and the power of prayer. It gives me strength on days when I think I'm out.

Sorry this is such a personal, journal entry post. I'll keep my next post full of happy memories and pictures of my kids. I just wanted to remember these times of trial forever so that I can be grateful for the days when my kids have room to play and I can take a 45 minute shower anytime I want....

No comments:

Post a Comment