Thursday, May 12, 2011

Just thoughts....and words


So, to be completely honest, this week has been a tough one. Tyler and I are being challenged in a few areas of our life. I feel like I have experienced so much since I was 16, what is left for me? Of course, I know I still have a lot left to learn. The Lord is shaping and molding me to become the person He needs me to be and sometimes all I can so is put my trust in Him that everything will work out the way it's supposed to. So far it has. If we hadn't been prompted to sell pest control, while living in a 5th wheel trailer while I was pregnant with 2 small kids we wouldn't be where we are now. That was a hard summer. The hardest summer I can remember so far. I was prompted to have my sweet little boy. I was so worried and stressed about having 3 kids. It is not nearly as hard as I thought. I learned how to juggle with having 2. Someone's needs are met first based on priority. I don't think all 3 of them have ever been crying at the same time. It helps that my little guy is really mellow. But, the point is that the Lord knew I could handle it. And I know that I will also be able to handle this.

This week it seems that the kids knew I was stressed. They could feel it, and they all wanted to be comforted in their own ways. Kate has given me so many hugs, kisses, and "I love you mostest" and it is making us both feel better. She has really been testing us lately, and Tyler and I have an equally hard time disciplining her when she misbehaves because she is so cute. When we tell her to do something she says "NO!" and then in a cute voice says "I don't think so." But then she will do what you asked her to do. So for now I'm ignoring the No's and laughing with my head turned at the "I don't think so's" because she is still being obedient.

Alivia has also been making me laugh. I could tell that she needed more from me as well. Yesterday we baked cookies. I let the girls eat these cookies for dinner while we watched a movie. Tyler has been working late and it was a fun time together with my girls. I already know I'm not going to win "mother of the year" so, what is one night of cookies for dinner? They are still alive, and they were pretty happy about it. I think I'll make extra veggies tonight though :)
Alivia has been drawing some very detailed pictures for me that make me smile. She told me the other day that she thought I was "the bestest mom in the whole world." I know she does't have another mom, but it still made my day. Even if all she talked about on Mother's Day was what she wanted to do for Daddy on Father's Day. Monday was the roughest day. The kids were pestering me while I was trying to make dinner, and I had so many thoughts that I wasn't paying them any attention. So, I put on some loud music and we danced it out in the living room. The girls and I were laughing and Alivia said "My family is all rock-stars!" That made me laugh so hard and it totally changed my mood around.

I wake up every morning to my sweet boy's face. What better way to start off my day? Carter always gets up early to eat, and after Tyler leaves for work I snuggle him and we both go back to sleep. I have done this with all of my kids and I don't regret it one bit. When Tyler doesn't work, I put him back in his bed and he doesn't mind. He doesn't have any problems sleeping in his bed either. I just enjoy the extra snuggle time and the big smiles when he first wakes up. I know that this time with him will soon be over, and I'm going to enjoy every last day of it that I can. He is growing up so fast. Just yesterday I turned around and when I came back he was under the dining room table and he didn't know how to get out. Time to start ultra baby proofing and vacuuming even more.

I mostly wrote this all down for me, so I will remember these things when I'm old & crazy and blind & deaf, like I tell Tyler. I'm pretty sure we will be the couple screaming a normal conversation to each other, because I will be deaf. I'm also pretty sure I will be telling the same stories over and over again too. So, get used to it honey :)

sig1

No comments:

Post a Comment