Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Oh what did we do in the summertime?

We had a super fun summer this year, minus the humidity. We even got to see most of our favorite people. We are still really missing everyone we left behind and we hope to visit everyone we love and miss as soon as we can. Here is a little recap of our summer happenings...

We did lots of fun things in our cooler than outside home. Some of these things include, but are not limited to, dressing up:

creating masterpieces:
and yes, she posed for this all on her own
playing with Daddy cause he's the most fun
creating new hairstyles
(we even gave Grandma corn rows :)


playing nicely together
doing puzzles
(she seriously amazes me with how well she does these)
Liv's legit afro
I take no credit for the pose

We spent lots of time at the splash pad cooling off
We also learned an important lesson about choosing the right splash pad. Even though it is closer to your house and has less people does not mean it is not redneck. I never went to that splash pad again, and I even bribed the kids to leave with promises of ice cream cones.


The boy enjoyed making messes of any kind





But don't worry, we ate plenty of good food:



And we got plenty of rest:







We hope your summer was as fun as ours.

I am so grateful for these children of mine. They make life so much more fun and interesting. There is never a dull moment in our house. Even when I make mistakes, they always love me and forgive me unconditionally. I hope to have many more years of memories with them.

1 comment:

  1. I love the random falling asleep pictures and I think my favorite is Kate in the red shirt flat on her face. :) so dang cute!

    ReplyDelete