Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Traveling and Halloween

So, we left on Wednesday morningish. I don't think I'm ever going to be on time to anything again. I plan and rush and I still can't get everyone out the door when I want. We took a moving truck full of our stuff that Tyler drove and then I drove the truck. Tyler switched off taking the girls with him so I didn't have to juggle all 3 kids. We had to stop in St George for diapers and last minute Halloween costume things. Our goal was to get to Grand Junction that night. We made it at 10 pm and opened presents. My wonderful Granny bought the kids presents especially Carter. She always spoils us. She got up and made us breakfast in the morning and was even late to work helping us. She made goody baskets with toys and things for the kids.

We were in Denver at 5 pm and I really wanted to stop and visit so many people. But, we wanted to make it as far as we could. At about midnight I could not keep my eyes open. We got a hotel room (we should have just napped since we didn't get much sleep anyways) and the kids enjoyed the break from the truck. We got up at 6 am to start driving again. I was having a hard time keeping my eyes open so I decided to just get a Mountain Dew because the consequences of falling asleep far outweighed the consequences of drinking a soda (and bonus, it didn't upset Carter's tummy like it did with the girls). We spent the day driving across Kansas. It was the best part of the drive, I thought. No mountains, and straight roads. The kids slept for a while too.

Carter was awesome the whole time. All I had to do was feed him & change him every 3 hours and then put him back in his car seat. He was quiet and slept a lot. It was hard to not be able to snuggle up to him though. The girls did really well entertaining themselves and Kate didn't fuss near as much as we thought she would (she's a BUSY girl).

We made it to Kansas City that afternoon. We signed the papers to our house, dropped the moving truck off at Tyler's office then got a hotel room. The next day we unloaded the truck into the garage and headed to Springfield to my Aunt Jodi's house for trunk or treat. We were too late for the trunk or treat because we had to drop off the moving truck and it took us longer than we thought to find the place. So, we dressed the kids up, took them to a few houses, and they were happy. I let them eat it all when we got back (it was only a few pieces each). We will make it up to them next year...poor kids.


Alivia was Rapunzel (last minute hair idea there haha), Kate was a cow girl, and Carter was a pumpkin (I lost his little hat)
Saddest Halloween ever huh?

sig1

No comments:

Post a Comment